More pages of other stuff

Sunday, September 11, 2011

I need my college football in person fix

I feel like a fish out of water. Flop, flop, flop, gasp, sigh ....

Two Wyoming home football games missed and no chance of seeing the Nebraska game in two weeks.

But hey, I will get to put the obituary page together at the Wyoming Tribune Eagle. I guess that evens things out a bit.

Garth and Wayne say not!!!!

Oh well, that's life I guess. A job is a job and I need the job.

But bare with me. It's like a heroin junkie going cold turkey. Actually, it's been somewhat like my wife being weened off of her prednisone steroids that she has taken for about 18 years because of her rheumatoid arthritis. She has gone down from 80mg a day to 18. There were some complications with adrenal crisis, but they have since remedied the problem and she is doing better.

I need an extra shot of college football to get me by until the time comes when I can call myself a sportswriter again. Evidently patience is not my virtue.

Regardless, the radio has been somewhat of a quick fix for me, at least for now. I'm no longer cold, the shaking has stopped and the color is returning to my skin.

The Cowboys are 2-0. Granted its two wins against FCS teams. But Saturday's romp over Texas State was what the doctor ordered for the team that just squeaked by Weber State the previous week. The Cowboys were supposed to beat these teams and they have.

But the easy part is over as Wyoming goes to Bowling Green next Saturday and hosts Nebraska in two weeks. Then, the Mountain West portion of the schedule begins and we'll soon see if what the Cowboys are made of this season.

Of course, that will be the focus this week from the state media as more than one time it will be mentioned that these two wins were just against FCS teams. You can bank on that. What the Cowboys do from this point is the obvious focus, as it should be.

Meanwhile, flop, flop, flop, gasp, sigh ...

No comments:

Post a Comment