More pages of other stuff

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I know that picture

Speaking of the Packers ...

Well, I guess I wasn't speaking of the Packers just yet.

The defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers (man that sounds good) will open the 2011 season tonight when they host the New Orleans Saints.

Ok, now ... speaking of the Packers, in today's WyoSports section (Cheyenne and Laramie), you'll notice a story on Cowgirls volleyball player Camille Coffman. The story talks about Coffman's athletic heritage as her father played in the NFL and her three brothers are or were talented football players. And their names are .... The story doesn't say.

So I will.

Coffman's father, Paul Coffman, was a three-time Pro Bowl tight end for the Packers (hence, the speaking of the Packers) from 1977-1985 and a member of the Packers Hall of Fame. Chase Coffman was the John Mackey Award winner a couple of years ago as the best tight end in the country at Missouri. He is currently on the practice squad for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Another brother, Carson Coffman, was the former starting quarterback for Kansas State (2009-2010). Yet another Coffman, Cameron, recently graduated high school and is now a junior college quarterback at Arizona Western. Paul and Carson are currently volunteer coaches for Raymore-Peculiar High School in Missouri.

As I was proofreading the WyoSports story Wednesday night at work (at the Wyoming Tribune Eagle), I suddenly drew a blank on Camille's  father's name, which made me a little irritated as a longtime Packers' fan. I was also spacing on her oldest brother, who was one of the top college players just a couple of years ago.

Not good.

As is normally the case, when I cannot remember things, Google comes to the rescue. I type in Camille Coffman and I see her picture at the volleyball net in a Wyoming uniform. I'm thinking, "That sure looks familiar." It should. I click on the picture and realize that I took the photo in 2009 for my sports website Wyomingsports.org.

 Click here see the photo.

Eventually, I Google Paul Coffman and refresh my memory as a Packers fanatic. All is well.

Oh yeah, speaking of the Packers, they open the season tonight against the Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment