More pages of other stuff

Thursday, October 21, 2010

How dare they hold media day without me

Another Wyoming basketball media day has come and gone. For the first time since 2000, it went on without me.

Part of that was my fault as I am kind of out of the loop this year. I say that as I am not doing my usual sportswriting this year as a news copy editor for the Wyoming Tribune Eagle.

Part of it was also because I forgot. I probably could have hung out there, had lunch and listened to Cowboys head coach Heath Schroyer and Cowgirls head coach Joe Legerski. Instead, I was at the hospital visiting my wife and waiting for the car to get fixed so I could go to my job in Cheyenne.

Now that I think of it, even if the epic event hadn't slipped my mind, I did have other things to do.

From what I've have heard and read, though, it was a typical media day. They never really change. The coaches and players are optimistic about the upcoming season. If they can stay away from injuries, they think they can play well and have a good year.

Yes, we have all heard that before.

But that's OK. If the players and coaches don't say those things, then there is likely going to be a problem.

If you went to the media days or saw pictures in the various media outlets, you saw the Cowboys sport new uniforms -- or unis, as we like to say. What did you think? I like them. I guess we'll see how they look on the court.

With that said, here's a couple of links to the coverage by the WyoSports staff.

Cowboys grow up

Cowgirls are building a lasting legacy

As you can see, it was nothing Earth shattering. Typical media day. I've probably even written the same stories myself throughout the years.

But for some strange reason, I am optimistic as well for good seasons from the Cowboys and Cowgirls. Then again, I thought the same thing last year.

 I was half right, as the UW women did have a a good year, qualifying for the quarterfinals of the WNIT. Of course, the injury bug, along with other problems, showed its ugly head for the Cowboys and the result was a 10-21 season.

Oh yeah, what did I miss for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment