More pages of other stuff

Friday, October 29, 2010

Brent Favre is following me

I must admit, I took a second, third and fourth look when after checking my e-mail yesterday, I noticed that "Brent Favre" is following me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/RichsRamblings).

Did I read this right? Favre is following little old Richard Anderson from Laramie, Wyoming, on Twitter?

OK, who's pulling my chain? This is October, not April 1.

It just can't be. No way, no how. After the third look, I realized it said "Brent Favre," which is not the one and only turncoat quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings, Brett Favre.

You've heard of Brett Favre. If not, just see Deadspin or turn on ESPN, the 24-hour Brett Favre network for your Brett Favre fix. On Deadspin ... uh, apparently you'll see more than of the guy that you really want to see.

As it turns out in the twitterlicious social networking world of Twitter, there is a "Brent Favre: (http://twitter.com/#!/BrentFavre) and he wants to follow me. I guess my chest kind of puffed up a bit until I realized "Brent Favre," is following about 2,000 other Twitter accounts.

Evidently, I must have said a disparaging word or two about the former Packers quarterback who is now on my No. 1 enemies list, my No. 1 shi&%$# list, soon to be on my dartboard in my basement.

I admit to be a little curious when I receive an e-mail from a new Twitter follower, especially from somebody that I don't know. Some are sports related, some are trying to sell me something and some are ... well, they are just plain naughty. Yeah, I said it, naughty. The latter two I delete immediately. Well, eventually.

So in my research of "Brent Favre" on Twitter, I discover that he is not a long, lost cousin of the Favre klan in Mississippi, but a Packers fan who, like yours truly, probably wants to punch old No. 4 in the nose for signing with the Viqueens. As it turns out, there is also a http://www.brentfavre.com/ blog as well that features all things Packers and all things insulting of you know who. It describes itself as, "The Packers Blog Born From Treachery."

I haven't decided if I will follow "Brent Favre" myself on Twitter, although it is mighty tempting. I'm a little afraid that I will get flooded by tweets from "Brent Favre" that would overshadow my usual updates from Pee wee Herman, Gene Simmons, and of course, Butterbob.

I might have to sleep on this, flip a coin or just throw a dart at my Brett Favre dartboard.

 Now that's an idea, a Brett Favre dartboard. Maybe I can sell them on http://www.brentfavre.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment