More pages of other stuff

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Looking stylish on the job

First of all, I have no right to criticize, but I will at least make fun of. I'm pretty good at both.

While I am on my laptop in my living room continuously staring at the job boards, I notice a lawn care truck pull up across the street. Two young female workers bounce out of the truck and one is dancing. Evidently they were grooving to a tune as they pulled up.

It's still fairly cool out, in the low 50s. Both are bundled up in sweats and baseball caps. They're both wearing basketball shorts. How do I know they are wearing basketball shorts underneath their sweats? On cue, both pull down their sweats below their, uh, drearier, like the cool kids do these days.

Their job evidently is to spray the dandelions, which are beginning to pop up like ... dandelions.

It probably takes them less than five minutes to do their job in this very small front yard.

On cue, as they finish up and get ready to get back in their truck, they pull their pants back up. Evidently it is more difficult to drive with your pants down. Of course, I wouldn't know. Maybe I'll try it some day.

As it turned out, both spent more time making sure they looked right than they did with their actual job. Well, let me clarify. All I can see now is the driver. I'm guessing the other worker did the same.

Nevertheless, the driver takes her cap off and fixes her hair while looking in the outside mirror. She then puts her cap back on, looks in the mirror, then takes it off again. The hair wasn't quite right. It takes a while, but she gets it right, sticking her head out of the window and looking in the mirror ... four more times.

She pulls the hoodie up over her cap, sticks her head out of the window and looks in the mirror.

She puts her sunglasses back on, sticks her head out of the window and looks in the mirror.

They take off. At least she looked in the mirror before pulling out into traffic. Well, I think it was because she was pulling out into traffic. It could have been just to see how she looked as she was pulling out into traffic.

Once they drove off,  I mumbled to myself,  "At least they have a job."

No comments:

Post a Comment